LAS VEGAS OPEN International MAS Wrestling Tournament
At the HALFWAY TO ST. PADDY’S DAY VEGAS
CELTIC MUSIC FESTIVAL
CELTIC MARKETPLACE | HIGHLAND GAMES | Clan Gathering.
SEPT. 17-18-19, 2021
MAS Wrestling is an ancient sport, the modern version is brought to us from Yakutia (far northern region of Siberia in the Russian Republic of Sakha). Variation of the sport is found in many cultures including being a favorite of the Vikings in the Scandinavian countries, Highland Games of Scotland, as well as the Eskimos of North America (Eskimo wrestling, which is part of the Eskimo Olympics), Athletes sit in front of each other, prop their feet against the board that divides the competition arena and pull on a short stick. An athlete wins the bout if he/she pulls the opponent over with the stick or pulls (snatches out) the stick from the opponent. Best two of three bouts win the match.
Goals and objectives
- Tournament is held with the aim to popularize and develop Mas-Wrestling in the world.
- Strengthening friendly sportive relationship among countries.
- Determination of the Mas-Wrestling strongest athlete in contested weight categories.
- Time and competition venue
September 17- 19, 2021
Craig Ranch Park, South Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday September 17th
6:00pm Registration and weigh-in (Location to be determined)
Saturday September 18th
8:30am to 9:30am Late registration and weigh-in
10:00am MAS Wrestling Tournament Preliminary Rounds
3:00pm MAS Wrestling Final Rounds and Award Ceremony
Entry fee: $50.00 due by August 14, 2021; late entries $75.00
Link to Registration Form: https://maswrestlingusa.com/2021-las-vegas-open-international-registration
- This event is sanctioned by the Amateur Athletic Union of the U.S., Inc.
- All participants must have a current AAU membership.
USA athletes must be a current member of MAS Wrestling USA (memberships $19 per annum available at http://maswrestlingusa.com/membership-form) and the AAU: AAU membership card $24 Adult for US residents/citizens, International Adult Athletes must submit application and pay $45, (Sept. thru Aug.). AAU cards are available at https://aausports.org/Membership Please specify POWERLIFTING as the sport. All cards must be purchased online prior to the competition, and presented at the weigh-in. As part of the CARD process, all athletes age 20+ will have background check performed. This process may add a week to card approval.
TESTING: Any athlete entered may be subject to drug testing per AAU procedures.
All athletes must have sportswear according to Mas-Wrestling rules:
- Men – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports shoes without spikes.
- Women – special sportswear for Mas-Wrestling of the prescribed sample by the IMWF – tight-fitting or free-breed shorts for Mas-Wrestling (red and blue), sports jersey or T-shirt, sport shoes without spikes.
- Conditions of the competitions
MEN’s weight categories are -90kg (-198lb); -105kg (-231lb; and Absolute/Open +105kg (+231lb), and WOMEN’s weight categories are -70kg (-154lb), and +70kg (+154lb). Weight categories with 2 or less athletes merged with next higher weight category; weight categories with 3-5 athletes conducted in Round Robin format; and weight categories with 6 or more athletes conducted in the actual International Mas-Wrestling Federation Rules Article 2.1 by the System with elimination after 2 (two) losses.
Trophies to winner of each weight category. Top three athletes (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) in each weight category are awarded with medals.